LOTTERY LICENSE INFORMATION
The eligibility of your organization will be determined by the licensing office. The licensing authority will review all relevant documentation to determine eligibility. These decisions are based on what is considered charitable in law according to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Your organization may qualify for a lottery license if it provides a charitable service to Ontario residents under one of these categories:
- Relieve Poverty
- Advance Religion
- Advance Education
- Benefit the Community
The following pre-requisites are mandatory to be considered eligible for a lottery license.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year before being considered eligible for lottery licenses.
- The organization must have a place of business in Ontario, demonstrate that it is established to provide charitable services in Ontario and use proceeds for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents.
- Completion of the Town of Renfrew Application for Licensing Eligibility form.
Lottery licensing refers to lottery schemes permitted by the license under the Criminal Code of Canada. Typically, these may include Bingos, Raffles, Break Open Tickets and social gaming events held by charitable or religious organizations. Licensed Charitable or Religious Organizations must conduct and manage their events in accordance with licensing policies and the terms and conditions of the licenses and fulfill all prescribed reporting requirements. It is illegal to print tickets, promote or conduct a charitable gaming event without a license.
For more information to go to the AGCO WEBSITE and read all the policies and procedures for lotteries.
A raffle is a lottery scheme where tickets are sold for a chance to win a prize in a draw.To qualify for a raffle license your organization must have a proven charitable mandate. Your application must be completed by two members of your organization and returned to the Treasury Department for review and approval. Please allow 3 business days for processing. The license fee is 3% of the value of the prizes.
The application must include the location, date and time of draw. Price of the tickets. Total number of tickets printed. Rules for the draw. The cutoff date for tickets sales. A complete list of prizes, with their full retail value (plus taxes) – attach to application if there is not enough room on form. (if your prize(s) are donated a prize value is still mandatory). In the case of 50/50 draws the estimated maximum value of the prize is required.
BREAK OPEN TICKET LOTTERIES
Break Open Ticket (Nevada) is a game of chance to win instant prizes by revealing a specified arrangement of numbers or symbols. Prizes may be instant prizes or a chance to win prizes determined by a subsequent event.
Break Open Ticket License Application Checklist
- Application for Licensing Eligibility form (Required Yearly)
- License Fee
- The fee for a Break Open Ticket License is 3% of the total prizes to be awarded. (cheque payable to Town of Renfrew or cash)
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of preceding and current operating budget, which includes all sources of revenues and expenses
- Copy of proposed lottery budget
- Type and style or styles of tickets to be sold (ticket samples not required)
- The organization's system for keeping track of sales and inventory
- A list of bona fide members assisting with the Break Open Ticket administration/sales
- A copy of the Break Open Ticket Seller Registration must be presented for your file
- Governing Documents, constitution and/or by-laws, letters patent, charter, trust deed, memorandum of association, signed as required.
- Detailed Outline of programs/services; What they are, how delivered to clients, specific costs, supporting materials
- Organization's Current operating budget
- Organization's verified financial statements for the last fiscal year (Required Yearly)
- List of the Board of Directors (Required Yearly)
- Membership list (if applicable)
- Organization's Annual Report (if applicable)
- Latest Report to the Public Guardian and Trustee (if applicable)
- Revenue Canada notification of registration letter (If Registered)
The licensee may lease or rent break open ticket dispensers provided it complies with the requirements and standards for devices, is approved by the Registrar and is manufactured by a gaming equipment manufacturer and supplied by a gaming equipment supplier or gaming equipment manufacturer registered under the Gaming Control Act, 1992 and Regulations.
The licensee shall provide a licensing authority with a financial report outlining the results of the lottery on the prescribed form in the prescribed time frame.
To qualify for a bingo lottery license your organization must have a proven charitable mandate. The fee for a Bingo license is 3% of the prize board.
NoticesNOTICE: Sand Road Waste Site - CLOSED July 1, 2019NOTICE: Summer Council Meeting Schedule - July 9th and August 6thNOTICE - Municipal Office - CLOSED July 1, 2019Disaster Recovery Assistance and Spring Freshet 2019 InformationCommunity NewsletterRecycling CalendarFire Department
June 15th, 2019The DeaconairesLocation: Bonnechere Museum Join the Bonnechere Musuem on Saturday, June 15th, 11 am as...
June 17th, 2019Peonies: the Queen of FlowersLocation: Eganville Legion Join the Eganville & Area Horticultural Society on June 17th,...
June 18th, 2019Council Meeting Council meets twice a month on the first and third Tuesdays. We start with a committee...
June 20th, 2019Eganville Legion - Thursday Night SuppersLocation: Eganville Legion Join the Eganville Legion as they host their Thursday Night Suppers...
June 22nd, 2019Rhubarb FestLocation: Bonnechere Museum Join the Bonnechere Museum for the 6th Annual Rhubarb Fest on...
June 26th, 2019Music in the Park Music in the Park takes place every Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7 pm to 9 pm in...Eganville Horseshoe ClubLocation: Sno Drifters Clubhouse Eganville Horseshoe Club's regular season play starts on...Toy BusLocation: Grace Lutheran Church The Toy Bus brings toys and activities to a community near...
June 27th, 2019Eganville Legion - Thursday Night SuppersLocation: Eganville Legion Join the Eganville Legion as they host their Thursday Night Suppers...