We all share a responsibility to keep families and homes safe from fire by:
- preventing fires from starting;
- maintaining working smoke alarms on every storey of your home and outside all sleeping areas to have as much time to safely escape as possible. Working alarms save lives, and are required by law;
- planning and practicing a home fire escape plan so that everyone knows what to do in the event of fire;
The Bonnechere Valley Fire Department supports fire prevention through public education. Some of the fire prevention initiatives offered to the community include:
- Fire Prevention Week activities each year in October;
- Fire safety presentations to schools and children;
- Fire department participation in fire drills;
- Hazard House demonstrations: Learning simulator which uses special effects and interactive prompts to reinforce fire safety messages;
- Smoke alarm program including inspection, education and installation of smoke alarms;
- Fire safety training for employees and employers;
- Fire station tours for all age groups;
- Fire safety presentations on topics such as kitchen safety, home escape planning, fire prevention. If your group is interested in a specific fire safety topic let us know and we can tailor a presentation to your needs.
If you would like to book a presentation, please call 613- 312-7361.